Institutional Aid for SoPA Undergraduates Needing COVID-19-related Economic Relief
SoPA recognizes that many of its students have been hard hit financially by Covid-19, particularly its undergraduates. Staying in school in order to make academic progress is crucial for our students’ long-term success; therefore SoPA is offering a tuition discount of 20% for fall 2020 and spring 2021. This aid is available to SoPA undergraduates who meet the following criteria:
- Are studying for a bachelor’s degree, professional certificate or post-baccalaureate certificate from SoPA
- If the student was enrolled at SoPA prior to fall 2020, have successfully completed at least one course in both fall 2019 and in spring 2020 (newly admitted students are also eligible)
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA for courses taken while at SoPA
- Are not eligible for other SoPA institutional aid
- Can provide documentation of economic impact to the student or to the individual upon whom the student is economically dependent
Applicants for this aid will be asked to complete the SoPA Tuition Discount form, as well as provide either a copy of an Unemployment Insurance account statement from the Louisiana or other state of residence or a Verification of Reduced Employment Status signed by their employers. Students claiming to be the economic dependent of another individual must provide proof of the relationship (i.e. a copy of a birth certificate or marriage license).
In order to qualify for this aid for spring 2021, students register for at least one course in fall 2020 and must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA at completion of the fall term.
Download the reduced employment status form here
Download the tuition discount form here