Cost & Savings
Students can complete their master’s degree in one year and save over $10,000.
- Student must have earned 75 credits towards a bachelor’s degree, including 15 credits in the major
- Must have a current GPA of at least 3.0 or higher
- Some programs may require an essay, resume, or interview. Check with the Program Director for specific requirements.
Admissions Process for Current Students
- Student meets with the Program Director for the specific graduate program of interest for approval to apply.
- Student fills out the application for the graduate program of interest and has the Program Director sign the 4+1 dual enrollment form.
- Program Director approves application for admission to a SoPA master’s degree program.
Admissions Process for Transfer and PTK Students
- Prospective student fills out the Tulane SoPA undergraduate application and indicates that they are interested in the accelerated masters.
- Upon acceptance, the student meets with their assigned academic advisor to discuss next steps once the student earns a total of 75 credits in the undergraduate program. Their advisor will connect the student to the Program Director for the specific graduate program of interest.
Transfer students will be accepted into the Accelerated 4+1 Program once they have earned 75 credits towards a bachelor’s degree, including 15 credits in the major.
Accelerated 4+1 Master’s Courses
Upon admission, the student may take two, pre-approved, graduate courses charged at the undergraduate rate. The program allows students enrolled in any Tulane SoPA undergraduate program to count two graduate courses (two 6000- or 7000-level courses) completed during their senior year to both their undergraduate and master’s degrees.
The student may also take two additional graduate courses during undergraduate study at the graduate rate (exceeding the required 120 credit hours of the bachelor’s) to count toward the master’s degree.
Students must complete the bachelor’s degree in order to officially start the master’s program. After the first two courses, all courses taken toward the graduate degree are billed at SoPA’s graduate tuition rate, plus a 20% tuition discount for two years after the student is admitted. After two years, students pay full SoPA graduate tuition.
The Accelerated 4+1 Master’s program is available to all Tulane students in SoPA majors.
Program director approval is required to register for graduate courses as an undergraduate student, and will also be required for graduate courses to serve as dual credit.
Students must have completed a minimum of 30 credits toward their master’s degree by the end of the fifth (graduate) year.