Information Technology Program Objectives
Information Technology Program Educational Objectives
After completing the Program, graduates should be able to:
- Contribute to the success of organizations and communities through adopting a lifelong process of research, adaptation, and implementation of technology.
- Serve as thought leaders and catalysts for change in the IT industry for the betterment of communities and organizations while acting ethically and with integrity.
- Apply cybersecurity concepts to technology pursuits in order to help secure people’s privacy, liberty and better their way of life.
Information Technology Program Learning Objectives
Upon successful completion of the program students should be able to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Identify and analyze user needs and to take them into account in the selection, creation, integration, evaluation, and administration of computing- based systems.
- Apply security principles and practices to maintain operations in the presence of risks and threats.