Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
The Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) scholarship is a gap scholarship to help fill the gaps between tuition, mandatory fees, and awarded financial aid. The PTK scholarship shall be used only for tuition and eligible fee-related expenses. To avoid an over-award of a student’s tuition and eligible fee costs, a student’s Louisiana state tuition-based scholarship, institutional scholarship, exemption, or waiver cannot exceed full cost of the tuition or eligible fee component. Students who are PTK graduates are guaranteed admission to Tulane SoPA after completing an application to the College, providing all applicable Tulane SoPA admissions standards are met. Students are eligible to receive a scholarship of up to $1,500 per semester to Tulane SoPA, not to exceed a $3,000 annually, contingent on the availability of funds, renewable each year, upon meeting the following criteria:
- Have completed an associate’s degree no earlier than Fall 2018
- Be an active PTK member in good standing at the time of graduation.
- Have completed a FAFSA and listed Tulane University as a recipient of FAFSA data.
- Student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5.
- Have applied to Tulane SoPA.
- Enroll full-time at Tulane SoPA the semester after their completion of an associate’s degree.
- Maintain full-time (12 credits) enrollment (for scholarship renewal).
- Be in good academic standing while enrolled at Tulane SoPA (for renewal).
Students who meet the criteria should take the following steps:
- Contact your PTK advisor for additional information.
- Apply to Tulane SoPA.
- Fill out the PTK Scholarship Application along with a copy of your PTK membership certificate and submit to Financial Aid and cc Gina Fortado.
Once the form is completed, financial aid will upload you final award packages to your portal. Additionally, SoPA’s Director of Academic Advising Amanda Hassan will contact you regarding the transfer process.
Contact the PTK advisor at your current school for more information.