Dr. Magiera has been involved with Information Technology and Information Security for over 20 years with leading companies such as NetApp, Windstream, Coopervision, and University of Rochester. Dr. Magiera enjoys working with organizations to build and improve information security programs. Dr. Magiera currently works with CloudCheckr as a Security Operations Manager, focusing on cloud security and helping CloudCheckr meet various compliance requirements.
Dr. Magiera holds a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Cybersecurity Leadership and a Doctor of Science (D.Sc) in Cybersecurity from Capitol Technology University, a Master of Science in Information Technology from Florida Institute of Technology, a Master of Science in Management from Florida Institute of Technology, and a Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance from Western Governors University. Dr. Magiera also holds numerous technical certifications including the following:
- Certified Information Privacy Professional - United States (CIPP/US)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
- IAPP Fellow of Information Privacy (FIP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Healthcare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISPP)
- Offensive Security Wireless Professional (OSWP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI)
- CompTIA Network+, and Security+
Dr. Magiera lives in Raleigh North Carolina,and is married with two young children. During his free time, Dr. Magiera enjoys spending time with his family and three dogs, and enjoys keeping up with the latest cybersecurity and data privacy trends while studying for additional certifications.