Pro-Bono Community/Industry IT Capstone Projects
Our SoPA Information Technology academic programs department partners with local, regional, and national organizations to complete technology projects that improve IT business operations and cybersecurity.
The SoPA Information Technology Programs Department offers a semester-based partnership commitment with select companies, non-profits and government. If selected to participate, partners receive PRO-BONO information technology consultancy services as part of a defined scope/project, similar to that of an outside contractor.
Degree Program Capstone Course Graduate/Undergraduate Students (Seniors, final degree course before graduating). Students are led by faculty who are subject matter experts in the project area domain.
HOW ARE PARTNERS SELECTED?
Interested parties undergo a three step process:
- fill out the below application form
- in-person or video conference discussion
- SOW agreement is executed between the partner and Tulane School of Professional Advancement Information Technology Programs
WHAT IS THE COST?
Services are provided at no cost to the industry partner.
WHAT ARE EXAMPLES OF THE TYPES OF PROJECTS THAT TULANE IT STUDENTS WILL ENGAGE IN?
Tulane Capstone students can engage in a wide range of IT projects to assist partners. Students/courses can be tailored to the project type (graduate, undergraduate). Projects will be limited to a single semester (Spring/Summer/Fall). Examples of projects that Tulane IT students have successfully completed in the past are:
- website design & development, including data-driven sites
- database/application design and development
- application planning, system design, agile process planning
- risk review and risk management programs, compliance review and recommendations
- cybersecurity posture review with recommendations, penetration testing
- infrastructure design review, including cloud architecture design/planning
- disaster recovery and business continuity planning and review